Friday, September 5, 2014

A Big Question for Sunday, September 7

Currently, I am sitting on our super comfy couch in the youth room looking out at a gorgeous sunny day. I've been working on our lesson for Sunday Evening and really feel God urging me to take a step back.

I am ecstatic about the year ahead. Y'all (our youth) are so awesome. I know I may use that word a lot but that is truly how I feel about y'all! You are amazing, wonderful, outstanding, the BEST Youth I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. You are all so talented in many different forms. None of you are the same in the least bit. You each bring this gorgeous color to our group, and when all of our different "colors" come together as one group, it is breathtaking!

I want this to be the best year yet for our our individual faith journeys, for our relationships with each other, and for our youth group as a whole.

The text I asked you to read was Jeremiah 1:5: "I chose you before I gave you life, and before you were born I selected you to be a prophet to the nations."

I don't believe it's just by chance that we are all here at Meadowlake together. I know in my heart that God chose each of us, He wrote it very carefully into all of our "stories" to be in this place together this year. He has BIG Plans for us! I am one who gets super excited and jumps full steam ahead into things before I stop to think about the logistics of how to get where we need to be.

That being said, I'm going to pause, take a breath and think about where He needs us to go, and how we best get there.

So my Big Question for Sunday's FIRST YOUTH GROUP MEETING OF THE YEAR!! is ...

Why Meadowlake Youth?        What sets us apart?        

Where do you want us to go this year?


Ok, so 3 questions. But be thinking...   :)

I can't wait to get things kicked off this Sunday evening from 5:00 - 6:00!

Love and Blessings!
Christine

2 comments:

  1. this is Sammy and I'm looking forward to youth group tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Sammy!! So excited for you and our other new members to join youth group officially!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete