Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Welcome Back!!

Hey everyone,
   I hope your school year is off to a great start! I am happy for all things fall! I love cooler weather, jeans, sweaters, FOOTBALL, and a fresh start!

Speaking of fresh start, I really hope this school year can be a fresh start for all of us. I want each of us, myself included, to really dig deeper in our relationship with God, and feel His presence more in our every day lives.

I thought it'd be cool for us to have a Blog where I post a devotional for you to do on your own once a week. This is just the beginning of the blog, as we grow together this year, the blog will grow too!  I'd love to post prayer requests and more throughout the week, to really keep us all connected. I know it is hard when we don't all go to the same school, but my hope is that through this we'll feel a little more connected this year. We will then come together during Youth Group on Sunday evenings to discuss the devotions and our weeks in small groups.

So for week one, I'd like each of you to read Jeremiah 1:5, Acts 26:16-17, and Deuteronomy 31:6. I encourage you to look it up in your bible if you have one, as a great habit to get into, however I understand you may not have it right beside you as you're reading this so I've included them at the bottom of this post.

Once you've read, answer the following questions in a journal, comment below, or however you'd like to. This is your time to read, reflect, and talk with God.


1) Are you a loner? Or do you require a group? We'll be looking in the bible to see what it takes to be a successful loner on Sunday evening.

2) Have you ever been the only person taking a stand on something? Find out Sunday evening how to be a stand alone Christian.

I hope you all have an awesome week, and I look forward to getting back together with you this Sunday night (September 7 from 5:00 - 6:00).

Love and Blessings!
Christine

         Jeremiah 1:5New International Version (NIV)

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
    before you were born I set you apart;
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

Acts 26:16-17New International Version (NIV)
16 ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them

Deuteronomy 31:6New International Version (NIV)

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Then 

No comments:

Post a Comment