Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I'm Calling You Out!!!!

1 Peter 1:13-17
Be Holy
13 So prepare your minds for action. Control yourselves. Put your hope completely in the grace that will be given to you when Jesus Christ returns.
14 You should obey. You shouldn’t give in to evil longings. They controlled your life when you didn’t know any better. 15 The one who chose you is holy. So you should be holy in all that you do. 16 It is written, “Be holy, because I am holy.”
17 You call on a Father who judges each person’s work without favoring one over another. So live your lives as strangers here. Have the highest respect for God.

I am not claiming to be a Bible Scholar, however these are my thoughts and convictions from what I read in 1 Peter 1:13-17.
We are all blessed to have been introduced to Jesus. For some of us we've known about Jesus all our lives, we've grown up in Sunday School learning about Him. For others, maybe this journey started a little later in life. But somewhere along the way, we were all introduced to Jesus.

Peter tell us, you've heard and learned about Jesus so now it's time to put what you've learned into action. We have to control ourselves to live a life that is pleasing to God. We can't just "talk the talk, we have to walk the walk."

Each time you learn a new lesson from God, how often do you commit it to memory, and live your life differently? Personally, I can say not very often. I'm guilty of being on fire for God on Sunday, but somehow over the course of the week, I live more and more as the world tells me to. I give in to the bad thoughts and don't forgive easily, I lose patience when things don't go my way, my prayers become shorter and shorter as the week goes on.

Like Peter, I'm calling you out! (Or should I say us out, because I'm doing it too.)  I'm calling you to make the changes You've been called to make.

Application:
So what next? Well, I have given you each the challenge of coming up w way you want to grow in your faith this month. (Examples are: I want to remember to pray each day. I want to read my bible more each week. I want to help others grow in their faith by being the friend that they need.) 

Then do it! It's that simple, make one goal, and actually carry through with it.

I'm here to help hold you accountable, and help you in any way that I can. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment