Have you ever been worried or anxious about something?
Maybe you've worried about taking a test, or getting a test back.
Maybe you've worried about problems going on with your family.
Maybe you've worried about friends who seem to be going through a hard time, or are making bad choices.
Maybe you've been worried about fitting in, and finding friends.
There are way too many worries in this world. I will admit I am a self-proclaimed "worry wart." The annoying part of worry are the responses I've heard ... and truthfully have been guilty of giving to others myself...
"Don't worry, it'll all be ok?"
Seriously! First of all, who gives you the authority to say it'll be ok? Second off, by saying that, you clearly don't fully grasp the situation I'm worrying over!
But there is one person who does in fact get it. Jesus teaches us multiple times that we shouldn't worry. God has it all under control.
Philippians 4:6-7: 6 Do not be anxious about
anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with
thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which
transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in
Christ Jesus.
Presenting our requests to God might be something that you feel comfortable
doing, but the rest needs constant practice. When we pray to God about things
we worry over, there is more to it than just the words. Presenting our prayers
with thanksgiving, means to truly be thankful for all that He has given
us.
Personally, I got in the habit of beginning every prayer with a praise. I start
with a thank you. Thank you Lord for my family, the life You've blessed us
with, our health, friends etc. That typically draws be back into reality a
little bit. When I worry I tend to over exaggerate the situation in my head and
make it bigger than it really is. This helps me to focus on all the good God
has given me, and puts my faith back where it should be, in Him.
He goes on to say,
"And the peace of Christ which transcends all understanding, will guard
your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
God isn't going
to answer your prayer right that very second, the exact way you want Him to. We
all know it's not magic, and He doesn't work that way. But if we truly put our
faith in Him, He promises that He will answer us, in a manner that is best for
us in accordance with His will (not specifically just what we want). There is
an awesome peace that comes with putting all our cares on God. He tells us He's
got it covered so there's no need for us to worry. We can kick back and relax
now! What an amazing feeling?!
No comments:
Post a Comment